I came across a little post and I really liked the idea behind it, so I thought that I would do one about myself. The idea is to come up with 25 Bookish Facts about yourself and share it, so here are some little facts about me and hopefully this will be a good way for you all to get to know me a little bit better. So, lets begin..
1) I am a slow reader and envy all those fast readers out there.
2) I am more of a night time reader, staying up until the early hours in the morning. This can be so peaceful.
3) I totally judge books by their covers.
4) I suffer with chronic migraines which sucks as a reader, as it can really damping the whole reading process. The joy can sometimes turn into misery.
5) I never read the Harry Potter series in the correct order the first time I read the books.
6) My least favourite genre is most probably Sci-fi.
7) I can’t read in a moving vehicle, especially a car, because I’ll either get carsick or a migraine. This doesn’t stop me from trying though!
8) I HATE lending out ANY of my books! I’ve had a bad history with this.
9) My favourite books when I was younger (the earliest I can remember) are; ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’, ‘Matilda’ and ‘The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe’.
10) I love going through second hand bookshops and discovering little hidden gems.
11) My entire Roald Dahl collection was the first books I bought myself, setting up my very own account. I sadly don’t own those books any more.
12) My mother, a non-reader, once gave ALL of my books to a charity shop while I was at school, claiming I had too many books. I was FUMING!!
13) I 100% prefer physical books over eBooks or audiobooks, although I do read and listening to them all.
14) I can’t and won’t ever dog-ear, write or do anything that may damage my books.
15) I own so many books and I haven’t read about half of them. That doesn’t stop me continually buying more books.
16) Following on from *no15, that means that my current TBR list on books I already own is high. This is before including or thinking about any new TBR books I discover, or may have been released.
17) I will choose to read the book before watching the films adaptation, so there’s several films I still haven’t seen because I haven’t read the book yet.
18) I always have at least one book on me at all times!
19) I have a tub/box that’s just for bookmarkers and it’s almost full and sits on my bookshelf (one of them). But I still often use random things, eg. remote, my phone, another book as a bookmarker.
20) I love it when a book takes me by surprise.
21) My Amazon wish-list is a godsend. I can just add all the books I want or take my fancy, then when I think I deserve a new book, they’re all there in one place.
22) Sometimes I find it hard or it takes me longer to get into fantasy and dystopian books, simply because of their worlds.
23) I am bad when it comes to reading a book, to be constantly thinking and wondering about possible endings and twists, especially when reading a mystery, or a suspense. 9 out of 10 times I’m usually right, which can be good, but can spoil the ending of the book for me. Stupid overthinking brain.
24) There is no such thing as too many books. NEVER!
25) My Goodreads Reading Challenge for 2017 is 60 books. Fingers Crossed!
So there are just 25 little bookish facts about me and I hope you’ve gotten to know me a little bit better :). What are some 25 bookish facts about you?